Steps to ensure that your fundraising activity is a success:
- Form a team: Ask your friends and family members to help you. Give each person a role.
- Make a budget: It’s important to know how much your activity will cost.
- Create a timetable: You need to plan for your activity – book a space, buy gifts, organize entertainment, order food, communicate with the media (newspapers, television, radio and social media), print tickets and posters and set up an information booth about AFS Interculture Canada.
- Book a space: Make sure that you choose a location that will allow as many people as possible to take part.
- Find sponsors: You may be able to find sponsors for your activity.
- Send out invitations: Once you have completed the steps above, send out invitations to people who you know, to local government, the local newspaper and businesses in your region. Make sure that your invitations are clear.
- Communicate with the media: The goal of your event is to generate interest in your project in order to solicit donations as part of your fundraising efforts. The day of the event you should coordinate the activities and thank everyone for taking part.