Under the supervision of the program coordinator, the intern is responsible for the on-site implementation of the summer language course program in Montreal. The main responsibility of the intern is to work jointly with our partner at Vanier College to support international students during their month-long stay in Canada. The intern will act as the AFS representative and will be responsible for organizing and carrying out activities with young people throughout the program. The intern will also have to support the program coordinator in certain administrative and logistical tasks in the office before and after the program.
This is an unpaid internship, however, AFS Interculture Canada will provide a stipend and compensate for the costs of public transportation. AFS Interculture Canada will pay the costs related to activities with students during the program.
The intern will work from the office in the mornings and facilitate activities in the afternoons. The length of the internship is from July 2nd, 2020 until August 31st, 2020, inclusively.
- Ensure the students attend all classes and scheduled activities
- Attend all scheduled activities (5 afternoon/week) and an additional day trip on a Saturday
- Facilitate intercultural orientations and activities with students
- Offer support and counselling to international students in partnership with Vanier College
- Ensure good logistics of scheduled events
- Prepare a final report at the end of the program
- Welcome and drop off students to the airport (arrival and end of stay)
- Help with student orientation logistics
- Organization / maintenance of files
- Data entree
- Very good level of English
- Experience working with diverse youth
- Animation experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Organized, reliable and punctual
- Autonomous and responsible
- Dynamism and leadership
- Knowledge of intercultural communication is an asset
Interested candidates must send their curriculum vitae no later than March 31, 2020 to [email protected]