AFS INTERCULTURE CANADA
Coordinator – Intensive and Ontario based programs
Reporting to the Director of Programs, the coordinator is responsible for the management and development of AFS Canada’s school-based exchange programs in Ontario as well as the planning and support of the intensive language program offered by AFS Canada in various regions.
Responsibilites include :
- Develop a strong working relationship with partners based in Canada and abroad to guarantee delivery of programs of the highest standards.
- Review and approve applications and distributing them to the appropriate partners.
- Promotion of AFS programs offered to Canadian students at home and abroad.
- Participate in the selection of host families, students and schools. Guarantee that all parties are properly supported in order to deliver quality programs.
- Ensure the successful functioning of the intensive language programs (recruit, train, support and evaluate the local coordinators), guaranteeing the application of the AFS standards, policies and procedures.
- Oversee the program budgets.
- Participate in the AFS emergency support system.
- All other connected tasks.
- Excellent project planning and organizational skills, including the capacity to oversee numerous projects simultaneously
- Capacity to work with various stakeholders from different age groups, cultural backgrounds and interest groups, communicating with each in an appropriate manner.
- Excellent communication skills, tact and diplomacy, as well as solid conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent English language skills, oral and written, strong French language skills.
- Degree and experience in a connected field
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Word, Excel)
- Knowledge of AFS Interculture programs an asset.
- Valid driver’s license
Our ideal candidate will have the following qualities: Leadership and management skills, public relations experience, be an autonomous and motivated team player.
- 12 month contract with possibility of extension
- 35 hours per week
- Access to a complete insurance program after the probation period
- Although the coordinator will work out of the AFS Canada office in Montreal, regular travel to Ontario will be essential
- Some evening and weekend work will be involved
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume by March 6th to: Kathleen Broad: firstname.lastname@example.org