Work experience is essential for getting a job. The Young Workers Volunteer Program is aimed at young adults who want to clarify career goals and gain intercultural knowledge.
This 12-months program provides you with an easily accessible opportunity for effecting positive societal change through volunteering, while improving your skills and competences for personal, educational, and professional development. Non-formal and formal learning opportunities during the program will enable you to acquire essential competences for personal growth in order to become an Active Global Citizen, thereby improving your employment prospects and facilitating your transition into the labor market.
The various projects in this program are looking for young, highly motivated team members to play an active part in their organization and to contribute to the daily work routine of the organization. The following project is one of the projects participating in the program.
Project Description: Kindergarten for Diverse Children
Within the Young Workers Volunteer Program, AFS Germany offers the possibility to work in a socio-cultural inclusion Kindergarten in Germany. The project is located in Hamburg, Northern Germany. As a Young Worker you will be surrounded by children aged 2 months to 6 years, with and without disabilities. You will work within a great team of highly educated kindergarten teachers. The underlying educational understanding of the project corresponds to the model of socio-cultural inclusion. It refers to the a model wherein special needs children spend their time with non-special needs children. In addition, attention is given to include various cultures and religions. Most of the children and most of the educational team are bi- or multilingual. This kindergarden gets regularly certified for its educational quality.
- Kindergarten and daycare in the city of Hamburg
- Safe place exclusively for diverse families
- Since 1993, we have been caring for children aged 2 months to 6 years.
- Most of the children, like the educational team, are bi- or multilingual.
- Since 2013 we offer daycare for children with and without disabilities.
- We are regularly certified for our educational quality.
- Our education corresponds to the guiding principle of socio-cultural inclusion.
- Working language is German, English and other languages
- 12-months program participation